Are you looking out your window, wishing you could enjoy your garden in the colder months? Have you heard of fire pits, they might just be the answer. In America, they are the no 1 design feature according to the American Society of Landscape Architects. Here are some tips on using them:
- Consider whether it is going to be a permanent feature or something you want to move around
- Gas or Wood burning?
- Check that the area around your fire pit is free from foliage and branches. You only want the contents of the fire pit to burn!
- Be sure to put the screen on your fire bowl or pits once the fire has burned down
- It should go without saying, but we will say it anyway, never leave your fire pit unattended
- Don’t try and accelerate the fire with lighter fluid or gasoline
- Metal gets hot! So allow to cool before moving the pit or removing the screen
If you are looking for your perfect fire pit, check out these on Houzz.